**Story update ONE:
**Story update TWO:
**Story update THREE:
I know what you might be thinking, what’s the source. Don’t worry, we’ll get to that part. First, this article is about a tweeted breakdown (Mega-Thread) of events in chronological order of the activities and players involved that has led to the FBI’s investigation into Trump and his associates, and the ties to Russia those individual may have. It’s comprehensive (for Twitter) and includes key players in Trump’s administration that are under investigation as well as ‘behind the scenes’ revelations and an explanation of the murders that have taken place so far.
So why post this on Podgas? I’ll tell you why, it’s because politics are constantly being discussed EVERYWHERE to include Podtrash (our sister site), whether the topic is about Trump or his associates or about Hillary or about the media, EVERYONE is talking about it. As far as the regular PT listeners go, we pretty much know where most hosts stand politically, as well as regular callers, but often there’s more ad hominin statements about certain political persons than any real substantive discussion, and PT is no different than the real world in that regard, we often hear too much bloviating and not enough actual information. We’ve become almost immune to "Breaking News" because we see it so often, but that’s not to say there isn’t REAL breaking news that’s happening, right now! So what is the BIG picture? That’s what I want to know, and my understanding of it is better now than it was 4 hours ago thanks to the author of the breakdown of events that we're highlighting. Who knows, maybe it’ll help someone else understand things a little better too. Hell we’re all going to discuss this shit anyway, why not be a little more informed.
In tracing the different facts that this author presented, there were two things that became clear. One, this guy has a very good handle on what all the hub bub is about, and two, I didn't. It's hard to see the big picture when we get little bits and pieces here and there, and that's what I liked about this twitter 'article'. Like a lot of people, I thought surely there was something to this whole Russiagate story, but I didn't think it was necessarily as big as some media organizations were seeming to make of it by constantly pumping out stories. I’m no Trump fan, but I thought maybe the Trump "haters" were more to blame for all this Russia collusion stuff we keep hearing about constantly. Maybe the stories were driven by agendas rather than facts. After all, most of what we have heard both sides saying this past week was that everything was circumstantial, but that has all changed in the last 72 hours. The republicans have now conceded that there is real evidence that shows certain members of Trump's campaign colluded with Russian operatives on the release of various hacked emails obtained by said operatives. It's obvious at this point that the intelligence committee has heard the tapes, and I image we all will hear them in the not too distant future. To quote a famous philosopher, “Shits get’n real now.”
Now let's look at the source of this story breakdown and the Twitter author who posted it, his name is Seth Abramson. So, who the fuck is Seth? It wasn’t too hard to find out, and long story short, he's an author (of 12 books), a lawyer, an English professor, a Harvard graduate, a poet, a writer, a journalist and a public defender. I’m sure I’m leaving some of his titles out, but you get the idea. He's a really smart guy and going by his career achievements, his farts probably smell like national awards & recognition. I’m no Seth, but I can tell smart from stupid, and the time table and facts Seth is relaying are really non-contentious.
Lastly before I post Seth’s breakdown there’s an important point to remember, which is that generally speaking we are all a pretty incompetent bunch. Yes, even the smart ones. When we read something that agrees or reinforces our preexisting ideas, then we’re more likely to accept it, it has to be true. Right? And on the other hand when we read something that disagrees with our ideas or it calls into question our “facts”, then it has to be wrong. Right? The point I’m trying to make is that in considering the facts in this whole Russiagate thing, try to keep an open mind. Whatever your preconceived ideas may be, we all desire the same thing, which is to know the REAL truth, and that truth can only be obtained if we’re willing to look beyond our own inherent ignorance.
The following ‘MEGA THREAD’ detail of events was posted on Twitter by Seth Abramson on March 26, 2017. https://twitter.com/SethAbramson
(4) During this time--largely pre-election--there is no evidence that any of the dossier's sources had been identified or in any way harmed.
(6) Between 11/18 and 12/9 MCCAIN acquired the dossier. The Guardian reports MCCAIN didn't share it--to avoid looking vengeful toward TRUMP.
(7) On 12/9, MCCAIN gave the dossier to COMEY. Presumably, COMEY thereafter shared it with other agents at the FBI. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/11/trump-russia-report-opposition-research-john-mccain
(9) GIULIANI and PRINCE--a TRUMP "shadow adviser" and brother to DEVOS--have admitted to having active FBI sources. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-domestic-conspiracy-that-gave-trump-the-election_us_587ed24fe4b0b110fe11dbf9
(10) Former TRUMP National Security Adviser Michael FLYNN was just found to have active (and paid) FBI sources also. http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2017/03/11/flynn-paid-ex-fbi-agent-in-clinton-email-scandal-for-lobbying-work.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl
(12) On 12/26, the top aide and most trusted advisor of SECHIN, head of Russia's oil/gas company, was found murdered in the back of his car.
(15) The theory PUTIN helped elect TRUMP and offered money via SECHIN for lifting sanctions (allowing a ROSNEFT pipeline) is #Russiagate."
(16) The death of SECHIN aide/STEELE source EROVINKIN was reported as a heart attack before an autopsy had occurred. https://www.dailysabah.com/europe/2016/12/26/former-russian-fsb-agent-rosneft-official-found-dead-in-moscow
(17) By 12/29, outlets reporting EROVINKIN died in the back of his car via heart attack were withdrawing the claim. https://www.dailysabah.com/columns/hilal_kaplan/2016/12/30/are-we-on-the-brink-of-world-war-iii
(18) While news of the death wouldn't break widely until late January, it's reasonable to assume Steele had heard about it by early January.
(19) The reason for this is that former FSB and ROSNEFT man EROVINKIN was--as later became public--the chief source for the STEELE dossier.
(20) As there was no reason for STEELE to think on 12/26 the FSB had his dossier, there was no reason for him to think EROVINKIN was killed.
(21) On 1/10, BUZZFEED published the STEELE dossier. Steele was quickly outed as author by the WSJ, endangering him. https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensinger/these-reports-allege-trump-has-deep-ties-to-russia?utm_term=.jxzY0AEJmM#.ymNvL5PGWz
(22) The BUZZFEED publication also would've confirmed for STEELE that EROVINKIN had indeed been identified and thereafter murdered by PUTIN.
(23) On 1/12, STEELE and his family abandoned their home in Surrey with no indication of whether they'd ever return. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/12/world/europe/christopher-steele-trump-russia-dossier.html?mtrref=t.co&gwh=7EE78EBA458D6F8EBABBB6775FF786BE&gwt=pay
(24) By 1/12, British media had established Steele's strong reputation in the IC as former Russia-desk head for MI6. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/12/intelligence-sources-vouch-credibility-donald-trump-russia-dossier-author
(25) Meanwhile, U.S. media did little research on STEELE--and indulged claims by TRUMP that STEELE was a "failed spy" peddling "fake news."
(26) By 1/27, it had been leaked that EROVINKIN, a "go-between for PUTIN and SECHIN," was a primary dossier source. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/27/mystery-death-ex-kgb-chief-linked-mi6-spys-dossier-donald-trump/
(27) The news of EROVINKIN being linked to the dossier within a matter of days increased the credibility of the dossier for law enforcement.
(28) On 2/11 CBS said "it's gaining credibility among law enforcement--even for people who discounted it initially." http://www.cbsnews.com/news/russian-dossier-on-trump-gaining-credibility-with-law-enforcement/
(29) On 2/27 reports placed Steele in Cambridge after 7 weeks without a sighting, though he remained away from home. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4244842/Trump-dossier-spy-Chris-Steele-not-home.html
(30) On 3/1 it was revealed the FBI had enough confidence in the dossier that it offered to pay STEELE to expand it. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4271606/FBI-planned-PAY-British-ex-spy-wrote-dossier.html
(31) On 3/2, SENATE DEMS contacted STEELE via friends and offered to help him testify before their Intel Committee. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/senate-christopher-steele-testify-trump-russia-report-article-1.2987599
(32) On 3/7, STEELE emerged from hiding and told the press, "I won't be making any further statements at this time." http://www.cbsnews.com/news/british-spy-russia-kompromat-donald-trump-intel-dossier-christopher-steele/
(33) A reasonable speculation is that STEELE's emergence from hiding was prompted at least in part by U.S. assurances he'd be foregrounded.
(34) The more attention U.S. officials gave STEELE, and the more legitimacy their statements lent to his work, the safer he was from PUTIN.
(35) On 3/17 it was confirmed that a STEELE source, MILLIAN, met with former MANAFORT boss (DERIPASKA) in June 2016. http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/17/photos-trump-dossier-source-met-with-kremlin-crony-at-russian-expo/
(36) DERIPASKA, a close ally of PUTIN, had paid MANAFORT $10 million annually from 2006 to 2009 to shill for Russia. http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/03/paul-manafort-tried-help-russian-oligarch-oleg-deripaska-suspected-mob-ties-gain-us
(37) MANAFORT, whose current tie to DERIPASKA/PUTIN is unknown, has now been found to have laundered his Russia pay. https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/new-documents-say-trump-aide-hid-payments-from-pro-moscow-ukraine-party/2017/03/21/92ec85f2-0e11-11e7-9d5a-a83e627dc120_story.html
(39) On 3/20, the HOUSE INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE met publicly with COMEY. The Dems cited STEELE's dossier repeatedly. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/03/20/six-big-takeaways-from-congresss-extraordinary-hearing-on-russia-president-trump-and-wiretapping/?utm_term=.ded5e340a8f7
(40) Within 72 hours the Dems had indicated they intended to ask STEELE to testify. Citing his dossier was likely intended to keep him safe.
(41) The likely Dem theory: if the dossier's content is not just public but made public by Congress, PUTIN gains nothing in killing STEELE.
(42) On 3/23, Rep. Himes (D-CT) of the HOUSE INTEL COMMITTEE told CBS, "We’ll want to talk to Christopher Steele." http://www.cbsnews.com/news/some-democrats-in-congress-want-former-british-spy-to-testify-about-russian-dossier/
(45) So even when the GOP refuses to let STEELE formally testify, HOUSE AND SENATE DEMS can (and say they will) schedule informal testimony.
(46) The benefit of informal testimony is that Dems can televise the testimony so long as STEELE agrees to discuss no classified U.S. intel.
(49) E.g., PAGE has confessed to ROSNEFT meets; the ROSNEFT sale was as described; COHEN was a courier as described. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-lawyer-sent-flynn-plan-105855101.html
(NOTES) Dossier claims about TRUMP's 2013 Moscow trip are still being investigated, but we know TRUMP lied about it. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/allegations-by-former-miss-hungary-contradict-trump_us_587e91b9e4b06a0baf649129
(NOTES 2) This thread implicitly incorporates all info from the thread on the "Mayflower Speech" TRUMP gave in 2016.